Public Liability Insurance for CIS

If you are genuinely self employed and in business on your own account you should have public liability insurance.  This insurance provides cover against claims made by members of the public who have been injured or had property damaged as a result of carelessness at work.  You have to be insured in case someone tries to sue you for damages.

If you do not have your own cover Bar 2 can provide you with discounted cover for £3.20 per week.

The cover insures legal liability to third parties for accidental death, bodily injury or accidental damage to third party property arising out of the activities of the self employed contractor.  It includes certain costs incurred in administering a claim should it arise.

The limit of indemnity is £1 million per accident.

For full details or a copy of the policy please contact Bar 2 or send your request by email to